AIPMT (Target)All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance test (AIPMT/PDET) for admission to MBBS/BDS courses under 15% All India Quota seats except in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir in several medical colleges across the country in the academic session 2014-15 to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) ,Delhi. Applications are invited through Online only.
Participating state/University/institution for seats other than 15% All India Quota are Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh ,Manipur, Nagaland, Odisha, Punjab ,Chandigarh, FMS-Delhi, AFMC-Pune ,BHU-Varanssi and Hamdard University-New Delhi.
The list of successful candidates opted for AFMC shall be forwarded to the Directorate General of Armed Force Medical suevice,Ministry of Defence, Govt.of India for second stage screening and Counseling. Candidates are advised to contact AFMC for further details.Candidates from the states of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to appear in AIPMT for the seats in AFMC.
Benefits of JEE
The primary aim of this test, which is standardized all over India, is to make medical education available on an equitable basis to all regions of the nation and to foster inter-regional exchange. Until recently, the AIPMT was unusual in that it was one of the few all-India competitive examinations (along with the examinations for the defence services) based completely on merit and without any reservations.
However, since 2006, under pressure from the Human Resources ministry headed by Arjuna Singh, reservations for SC, ST and OBC have been introduced in AIPMT also.
Important Dates of AIPMT
- Start of Online Application for JEE (Main): 2nd week of November
- Date of Entrance Examination-AIPMT : 1st week of May,2015
- Schedule of submission f Application forms without late fee : 1st Dec. to 31 st Dec. 2014
- Schedule of submission of Application forms with late fee : 1 st Jan. to 31 st jan.2015
- Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE WITHOUT LATE FEE : 10 TH Jan. 2015
- Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE with late fee : 5 th Feb.2015
- Date of hosting of Admit card-Application without late fee : 1 st April,2015
- Date of hosting of Admit card- Application with late fee : 1 st April,2015
- Declaration of Result-AIPMT : 1st week of June,2015
Eligibility Criteria for AIPMT
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years at the time of admission. The upper age limit is 25 years as on 31 st December, which shall be relaxed by a period of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC category.
- Candidate must pass physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology and English individually.
- He/She must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for General category (GC), 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC or SC/ST/OBC-PH category in physics,chemistry and biology/biotechnology taken together in qualifying examinations.
- No state eligibility criteria will be applicable for the student who take admission under 15% All India Quota scheme.
- A candidate can attempt maximum of three times.
Pattern of AIPMT:
- The AIPMT entrance test shall consist of one paper of physics,chemistry and biology.
- The paper containing 180 objective type questions of 45 marks in each paper.
- Every question has for options with single correct answer.
- Incorrect answer/more than one answer will award ¼ th negative marks.
- Maximum time for test is 3 hours from 10 am to 1 PM.
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in hindi.
Candidates can appppllly only ONLINE.
- Online submission of application and payment of fee may be made by accessing the website www.aipmt.nic.in
- Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner
- Through Debit/Credit/Internet Banking using on-line gateway payment facility, or
- Depositing in CBSE bank Account with Canara bank or syndicate bank directly of depositing in CBSE Account with
e-post office by downloading the challan form from the website of www.aipmt.nic.in
"Good Infrastructure with Tallented Faculties, My IIT-JEE Preparation was fun, the most intresting part was to learn how to prepare for test, mockups helped a lot."
- Trisha Bhanot